Friday, September 05, 2008

Making a Literary Life: Happy Birthday, Google!



This month is Google's tenth anniversary and, being avid Google Gals, we're thrilled to wish the folks in Mountain View, CA a very happy birthday. Not only do they provide us with this *free* venue, blogspot, but access to a king's ransom worth of information: maps, images, videos. And do you know Google's motto? Do no evil.

In that vein, we'd like to know what your motto is to keep you going through the dark days and what goodness you've put out into the world this week. Now let's eat cake.

Lisa Marnell

I picked mine up from the days I rode horses, from the British riding instructor who lived across the street in Quebec: Gallop on the Middle!

Amy MacKinnon
I have three idioms when I'm digging deep: Just do it (I had it before that shoe company, btw); keep moving forward; and persevere.

Hannah Roveto
Elvis Costello gets me going. When you need a lift, start to hum "Everyday I Write the Book!"

Lynne Griffin
I try to live and breathe one word. Believe.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mine is "She Who Laughs, Lasts." I didn't come up with it. It's on a bumper sticker I've had on all but my first car, though I first came across it in a profile of Kate Clinton.

It's not how I've gotten through dark times, it's why.