Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Writers Read for Twain

By Amy MacKinnon

I had a sleep over last night. It's true. Deb Founder and author of Catching Genius and Matters of Faith Kristy Kiernan is right here (sorry, Gail, wish you could have been here).

Why you ask, did Kristy fly to the frigid north? In just a few hours, we're heading out to the Mark Twain House to do a fundraiser, Writers Read for Twain, and guess who'll be there: Jon Clinch, Tom Perrotta, Tasha Alexander, Stewart O'Nan, Phillip Lopate, Robert Hicks, Philip Beard, David Gates, Andy Carroll, and Arthur Philips. And little, ole me.

As my husband said over the breakfast table the other day, "Imagine? You're going to Mark Twain's house -- one of the greatest American writers -- as an author, to help Mark Twain."

******

Look what I just received:

I just finished "Tethered"...Dark, disturbing and I couldn't put it down! Great writing, great story and it will be on our recommends shelf at Fig Garden Bookstore in Fresno, California.

Thank you, Fig Garden!

Double gosh.

4 comments:

Gail said...

Wow, Amy, life is good! I'm so happy for you!!

Larramie said...

Life is good, ah but how much better will it get? We shall see...

Aw, you and Kristy together, wish I was there.

Anonymous said...

So happy for you

Amy MacKinnon said...

Thanks, all!